D.O.M.S

 D.O.M.S

Delayed...Onset...Muscle...Soreness. 

    So, as I started venturing into the world of weight training. I decided to "work" my muscles to their ends. Every workout attempted; I drove myself to muscle failure. This is the normal if you're
a seasoned weightlifter...

I started this week. 

    Day 1, we started with Legs. Because I suffered a knee injury earlier this year, I took it easy on my right knee joint. the workout was fulfilling, and I felt as if I had finished a hard workout. 

    Day 2, we worked on Chest. This is my bread and butter. I LOVE CHEST. Bench Press, Incline...Decline... The whole works. I LOVE CHEST. I pushed myself to 155lb on Bench Press and pushed to muscle failure. 

    Day 3, Shoulders. I struggle to even know what muscles are in this group sometimes. But with the help of good ole Earle, we had a solid workout and I felt great. My muscles are burning and I'm back in the groove.... Or So I Thought. 

    Day 4, I woke up...and I was unable to lift my arms above my shoulders. The Muscle Soreness from the Chest and Shoulder days had set in and completely seized up my muscles. It hurt to sit idle, it hurt to try to lift my arms. If I made a motion...it hurt, in ANY direction. I was utterly miserable. I worked the day just dreading having to answer the telephone. It was pure hell on earth and all I wanted to do was fall asleep and wake up in no pain. I type all this to tell you I was miserable....to the point I wanted to take a day off and rest. 
    I didn't do that. The best thing to help with D.O.M.S is to do the action that caused you the soreness in the first place. Take some IBUPROFEN and go back to the weights. I worked Bi's and Tri's with some dumbbells. I stretched out the tense muscles and I pushed them just a little farther. 
    Day 5. I woke up and had full mobility. My arms were free from the holds the muscles had on me. I said this in the beginning, I will have Victories...and i will have setbacks. You have to hold your head up high and look forward at the goals to achieve the victories. 

Thanks, guys, for being awesome and I hope this will motivate and inspire you to start your own journey soon. Leave a comment if you want, we can chat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its been a While.

Health and Fitness... A Family Affair

The Beginning