Its been a While.

     Its been a while.


    Sorry I haven't taken the time to fill you guys in on what has happened in my life as a Gym Rat. I originally started this blog with the intent to KEEP myself in the gym. I wanted a group of people to see my blog posts, become invested, and give me another reason to push myself to continue showing up in the gym and doing the things that are uncomfortable. I wanted to motivate myself, and through my motivation I wanted to use this platform to motivate and inspire others... Unfortunately, I found myself completely motivated and strayed away from the idea of motivating and inspiring others and I am sorry for this.

UPDATE

   I COMPETED IN A POWER-LIFTING MEET! I took the past month off from losing weight because I was training to lift heavy weights. Its been a very fulfilling last couple of months! I spent countless hours watching videos and studying workout programs to understand what it took to compete in this field. I have progressed at such a rapid pace, when i told the competitors at the meet that i had only been lifting for 4 months, They were super impressed with the weights I had lifted.

    Because of the atmosphere at the meet. I will advocate for ANYONE to lift in a meet if they are interested at all. So many people are scared of the idea of competing... but what people aren't realizing is you aren't competing against other people. It's a personal competition. YES you are separated by weight class and age, and YES you get awards based off your total weights... but knowing that you are progressing in your ability to lift weights is so much more fulfilling than beating a person in competition. This was something that i learned when i started lifting in this meet. Not one person cared how much weight I was attempting. If I hit the weight I tried to hit they were all excited for me...EVERYONE! When I missed the weight i attempted. I had other peoples coaches coming over to me and giving me advice and just letting me know "It's OK to miss, focus up and hit it on the next try." These are people I have never met, yet they took the time to give me encouragement. You hear from people that the power-lifting community is very Supportive, but its hard to fathom just how truthful that statement is until you're involved.

    So, My last post referenced to the fact that i FINALLY dropped below 290, well, As of this power today I'm sitting at 272.2. I want everyone to know I haven't done any dedicated cardio on a treadmill, elliptical, or bike. I have only been weightlifting. Losing weight isn't hard to do. The hard things are cutting out Soft Drinks, Eating Smaller Portions, and Cutting out sweets. If you wanna know just how unhealthy those foods are.

CHALLENGE

   Go to https://tdeecalculator.net/ and input your information. This will give you an estimated daily caloric intake to MAINTAIN your current weight. From there take this weight and download MyFitnessPal on your phone and upon setup input this caloric number as your daily goal. Now DO NOT CHANGE YOUR REGULAR DAILY ROUTINE, but log all your calories. If you drink a soft drink add it to your daily intake. if you eat a small candy bar, add it to your intake. Its amazing how many calories are in foods you don't even realize. People often drink enough calories in a day to nearly reach their daily goal.

Let me throw some science your way now. It takes 3500 calories to gain 1 lb. If your BASAL metabolic rate is 2000 Calories, You will maintain your weight you are currently at by taking in 2000 calories. If you eat 2500 calories a day for a week. You will have a surplus of 3500 lbs in a week, therefore, you will gain approx. 1 lb in that week. Likewise. If you eat 1500 calories for a week, you will have a deficit of 3500 calories for that week and, therefore, you will lose 1 lb in that week.


   People are so tired of being overweight, They don't realize they didn't get there overnight. It took time...months....years. But when they want to lose weight, They expect to find a LOSE WEIGHT FAST idea and hope to be back to their high school weight in a month. When the results are what they hoped for, Discouragement sets in and they return to the "comfortable" ways. HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS is 0.5lb to 1lb A WEEK. When you start a diet your body will go through a transformation and you will lose a lot of weight quickly. If you don't drink a lot of water, Your body will hold on to water. If you start taking in a lot of water your body will start to shed water because it knows you're supplying it with water now. You will rapidly lose water weight by simply giving your body 2-3 liters of water a day.

    To wrap up this "educational" blog about losing weight. DON'T STARVE YOURSELF. A common practice of weight loss is, "I know I'm supposed to eat 2000 calories, but if I only eat 1000 Calories, I will lose even faster." THIS IS FLAWED! If you reduce your calories to that much, Your metabolism will slow, your body will start eating away at muscle for energy, and you will have no energy to do anything in your daily life. Use the calculator above, Find your recommended caloric intake. Reduce by 500 and eat whatever you want as long as you stay on track with your calories.

    I have lost 42 lbs in 4 months. I did it without thinking about it. I cut out Soft drinks, Unnecessary sugars and starting working out regularly in the gym. I feel for the first time in my life I have the ability and the know how to educate anyone on a clear path to weight loss and a healthier life. If you made this far, Thanks for sticking with me and I hope that your having a great day. 

                                                                                                                                                                    9/6/22                                1/6/23

                                                            





Thank you for taking the time to read through this Blog. I hope the content will inspire and motivate you to start a journey of your own.
If you would like to keep up with my eating habits, Add me as a friend on MyFitnessPal. Link is below.

Follow my Socials: Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, MyFitnessPal, Discord
I stream on twitch nightly: Twitch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health and Fitness... A Family Affair

The Beginning